Wednesday 24 June 2009

Return from Africa

I'm back from vacation and had an excellent time travelling around North Africa. The heat was intense, I've never been anywhere so humid. The favored music in Morocco appears to be 'My Humps' by the Black Eyed Peas and beer was (unfortunately) incredibly expensive.

Still, it was great to travel round the Souks in Marrakesh trying to strike a bargain with the many sellers. The food is unique, every kind of meat dish seemed to be sugar sweet. I noticed a Baltimore Ravens T-Shirt amongst the many bodies on a busy Saturday night in Djeema El Fna, but alas no Seahawks merchandise (which is rare, having met Seahawks fans previously in New York, Edinburgh and London).

It was also my birthday yesterday, and I'm now officially in my 'mid 20's' having struck 25. It doesn't seem that long ago that I moved to Vancouver and discovered a certain football team, how time flies.

Whilst I was away, the Seahawks agreed terms with rookie tight end Cameron Morrah. Numbers haven't been disclosed, but all three 7th round compensatory picks and 6th round QB Mike Teel have signed up. This leaves Aaron Curry, Max Unger and Deon Butler the three remaining unsigned rookies. Training camp begins on August 3rd.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Kurt said...

Happy Birthday, Rob.

Having studied Arabic in college from a native Moroccan, I've always wanted to visit that part of the world. Sounds like good times.