Wednesday 19 May 2010

Wednesday links

Jason La Canfora speculates when the top rookies will begin to sign their contracts. The Seahawks have the task of signing up to high first round picks - Russell Okung and Earl Thomas. La Canfora also says a lack of a new CBA shouldn't cause any issues.

Wes Bunting looks at the top underclassmen quarterbacks not named Jake Locker. Bunting offers a particularly accurate insight into what Ryan Mallett (QB, Arkansas) needs to do in order to put himself in contention to be a top 2011 pick.

Draft Ace offers an early 2011 mock draft. There's three quarterbacks taken in the top five picks, not an unlikely scenario in what could be a deep draft at the position. The Seahawks pick a generous 21st overall and select Pittsburgh defensive end Greg Romeus.

Steve Doerschuk speaks to Jameson Konz, Seattle's final 2010 draft pick in the seventh round. The former Kent State H-back has great size (6'3", 234lbs) and will be competing for work at tight end and receiver. He could land on the practise squad if he doesn't make the final roster.

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Seahawks picking 21st? Hmm... wouldn't that be amazing. I'm very surprised to see everyone have Kansas City picking so high. Maybe I'm just drinking their kool-aid a bit, but I dont see how a team with Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones, Charlie Weiss, and Romeo Crennel could do so poorly? I guess I'm also a bit biased because I really like Matt Cassel.

On a different note, what does everyone think about the recent addition of J.P Losman? Is that a good sign for Matt and Charlie, or a bit of an act of desperation? I'm not sure what I think. I'm a big supporter of Teel but I can't help but think this doesn't bode well for him. Its a interesting topic because it seems like all of the drafts right now have Seattle taking either DE or QB.

Patrick said...

Well... looks like Teel is no longer a Seahawk. I can't help but think we'll be seeing another QB signed very soon.

Rob Staton said...

I think they'll quite probably go into camp with Hasselbeck, Whitehurst and Losman.