Saturday 14 November 2009

Today's viewing

I've got four games in the schedule this weekend, with plenty of pro-prospects to keep an eye on. I'll have thoughts on all of these games on the blog by tomorrow. If there's anyone in particular you want me to keep an eye on let me know in the comments section or email rob@seahawksdraftblog.com

Tennessee @ Ole Miss
Jevan Snead has been the year's biggest disappointment. He's gone from outside bet to go first overall to almost certainly returning for his senior year. This could be a chance for Eric Berry to flash those play making skills against an erratic quarterback. I've been far from impressed by Berry so far, this is a chance to show at least some of the hype is justified.

Iowa @ Ohio State
Having struggled to get any footage of Bryan Bulaga in the first half of the season, this will now be the third successive week I'm watching his Hawkeye's. He's playing left tackle for Iowa, but I think he's a right tackle in the NFL - at least for the system Seattle uses. It'll be interesting to see how he performs in his team's biggest game of the year so far.

Notre Dame @ Pittsburgh
It's been a while since my last good look at Jimmy Clausen. This is a really tough game on the road, so a perfect opportunity to see if he justifies his place as potentially the first quarterback off the board in 2010. I want to see him throwing off the front foot and I need to make sure his low, side arm release doesn't lead to too many tipped passes.

Florida @ South Carolina
I've seen the Gators so much this year I almost feel like I can call their plays. It's pretty obvious now that Tim Tebow isn't going to change his game to cater for watching NFL scouts, his main focus is an undefeated season with Florida. He'll lead an all star-cast to Carolina and it's yet another chance to look at one of my favorite 2010 prospects - cornerback Joe Haden.

3 comments:

1stHill said...

Here are a few guys that are worth taking a look at;

DT #55 Dan Williams 6-3 327 lbs Tennessee : He is a great run stuffing DT.
DT #95 Mick Williams 6-1 285 lbs Pittsburgh : Mick has a quick first step, he could be a good late round pick.
LG #55 Mick Pouncy 6-5 320 lbs Florida
OC #56 Maurkice Pouncy 6-5 318 lbs Florida

Anonymous said...

I have a question that really isnt about the draft. Are Safety's and CB's interchangeable? Whats the difference between the two besides safeties being farther out?

Michael said...

Pitt - Romeus DE
Clemson - Spiller Everything :)
Oregon State - Sean Canfield QB
NC - Austin DT
Virginia - Ras-I Dowling CB
Notre Dame - Golden Tate
Pitt - Stull QB