Thursday 25 March 2010

POTD: Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest

By Kip Earlywine

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 192 lbs.
40 time: 4.37

Unfortunately, there isn't really any good video for me to link on Ghee, which is surprising since only a month ago, he was considered a borderline 1st round pick. What I can offer are a couple of brief highlights. Here's one that shows how physical Ghee can be, as he lights up CJ Spiller. Here's another, which shows a very athletic interception. I did see enough glimpses of Ghee to be initially impressed by him, but not enough to draw any conclusions or share any insight.

So instead, I'll recommend this scouting report by Matt McGuire on Ghee. McGuire's awareness of the Seahawks needs and Carroll/Schneiders particular preferences are scary accurate. It wouldn't shock me if he was a closet Seahawks fan. I've always been a fan of his scouting reports. I personally trust what he has to say. Ghee figures to be drafted right around our #60 pick.

Because this isn't a real POTD, I'll probably include another one later tonight when I get some time.

Edit: Here are some additional scouting reports left in the comments by Nano and Clanterman.

CBS
MockingTheDraft

I thought it was particularly interesting that MockingTheDraft liked Ghee's instincts much better in zone than in man. Sounds like a potentially great fit for Seattle.

8 comments:

Nano said...

Thank you KipEarly! I've been hoping for this.

Nano said...

Here something small to contribute since there's not much content. Nfldraftscout isn't what it was since the CBS thing, but it's affirms some of Maguire's (sp?)notes.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1243072?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

CLanterman said...

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2010/3/24/1389112/brandon-ghee-nfl-draft-scouting#storyjump

Quick blurb on him at MtD.

Matthew Baldwin said...

I really hope we take advantage of the deep DB class. The less I see Kelly Jennings on the field, the happier I'll be.

I like Ghee in the 2nd. Also like Perrish Cox in the 3rd if we end up getting our 3rd back.

Anonymous said...

Thoughts on Morgan's lunacy over at mockingthedraft? Mays at 6?

Matthew Baldwin said...

Mays at 6th? Sure that wasn't "6th round"? :)

Kip Earlywine said...

No, 6th overall. Morgan was clearly being tongue-in-cheek, attempting a not-so-subtle swipe at Carroll and the new front office.

I do think he's right about Mays being on the radar. Just not at #6. Don't be shocked if Mays gets called at #14 though.

c-hawker said...

With the new protection rules, take's away from May's game. His value went down some, as of yesterday. Hmmm...