Thursday 15 January 2009

Rob Rang's mock draft

Rob Rang, NFL draft expert and regular commentator on Seahawks draft prospects, has published a mock draft for CBS Sportsline. It's only a top seven prediction at this early stage but includes Seattle picking fourth. Who do the Seahawks pick? Jason Smith, offensive tackle from Baylor. Here's the mock in full:

1 Detroit Lions - Matt Stafford, QB (Georgia)
2 St Louis Rams - Eugene Monroe OT (Virginia)
3 Kansas City Chiefs - Aaron Curry LB (Wake Forest)
4 Seattle Seahawks - Jason Smith OT (Baylor)
5 Cleveland Browns - Malcolm Jenkins CB (Ohio State)
6 Cincinatti Bengals - Michael Crabtree WR (Texas Tech)
7 Oakland Raiders - Andre Smith OT (Alabama)

7 comments:

MTJHoyas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Seems like a strange pick for the Seahawks. I hate when they don't go into any kind of explaination for their selections. It's hard for me to imagine them picking an OT that can't play guard until Walt is done, but maybe this guy can do that.

Anonymous said...

I can not speak for Rob, but I expect he is choosing to go with the best player availible aproach as that is the typical way Tim R does it.

Big Joe

twasuperstar said...

If Ruskell takes the best player available I gotta think that player is Crabtree if he is still on the board. After Crabtree I would think the BPA is LB Curry...but if Hill is franchised...

Anonymous said...

That would make sense, but if you look at Rob's overall ranking of players, he has Seattle taking the 11th ranked player at 4. That was the biggest reason I wished he explained his picks, I'm curious about why he thinks Seattle would reach for an OT.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm missreading it. Just to the left of his mock draft is a list of player ratings, it has Jason Smith ranked 11 overall and as the #4 OT. I assumed it was Rob's rankings, but looking again it looks like it might not be his.

twasuperstar said...

Mind - good observation although I'm not sure if Rob Rang generated that overall prospect list.