Wednesday 29 April 2009

Walter Cherepinsky's final thoughts

Walter Cherepinsky once again had superb draft coverage on his Walterfootball.com website this year, kudos to him not only for the material but for helping blogs like this get attention on his draft database. Today he's published some final thoughts on the 2009 event titled, "1o things I learned during the NFL draft."

It's worth checking out, a good combination of insight and amusement. I particularly enjoyed his review of ESPN's live draft coverage, "ESPN doesn't understand its draft audience. The people who tune into Day 2 of the draft are hardcore football fans. They're not casual fans who are interested in Bill Cosby, Mel Kiper's hair or Trent Dilfer's corny jokes."

Amen.

1 comment:

Misfit said...

I like WF. I like what he had to say in his 'power rankings':

...The Seahawks also had massive injuries, and thanks to Scott Pioli's ineptness, they acquired the top defensive player in the 2009 NFL Draft. Seattle is a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Oh, and they're probably going to be drafting in the top 10 next year as well, thanks to Josh McDaniels' foolish tactics.Optimistic? Yes. Nice to hear? Yes.

Of course, every team thinks they are Super Bowl contenders this time of year. We have some talent. I hope it all comes together. I still wish we had drafted a RB in the first three rounds. Maybe next year.

I guess I'll have to settle for an extra first round pick next year instead. :)